[This article was last updated on Nov 9, 2015. The comments were removed as the blog faced some technical glitch].
I'm sure you're extremely excited for the coming year 2015.
Majority of us start their year by setting some goals and resolutions. In this post, I am going to give you 3 tips to follow your new year's resolution that will help you to stick to it.
What is Resolution?"Resolution is a firm decision to do or not to do something. We plan various new year resolutions every year, but sometimes fail to achieve them."
So here I'm going to share three steps which may help you maintain your resolution throughout the year.
#1: Choose Attainable and Realistic Goals:Try improving yourself slowly and gradually. Do not set unrealistic goals that you will never be able to achieve.
1. Realistic Goal: I will attend the university and pursue a career as a software developer.
2. Unrealistic Goal: I will marry a princess and become the King of United Kingdom.
Which one looks attainable? Of course the 1st one, right?
#2: Reward yourself when you achieve your goals:Rewarding is the best way to encourage yourself and keep yourself motivated. Reward yourself for every small achievement. Rewarding yourself motivates you to work even harder.
You can reward yourself by going out for shopping or by buying your favorite video games or books.
There are numerous ways to reward yourself just ask yourself what you like the most.
#3. Share your resolution with your friends, family and fans.Sharing resolutions publicly whether offline or online turns them into obligations.
So here is my list of goals for 2015:
1. I'll do my best in academics to get good scores in my exams.
2. I'll not only study and learn according to academic syllabus but also will learn new skills and subjects out of the curriculum.
3. I'll do my best to make an outstanding Industrial Project.
1. Will expand my reach by sharing my blog posts on more than 12 social platforms.
2. I'll write one post per week for my blog and one post for other blogs that aren't mine (Guest post).
1. To be caring towards people and environment.
2. Will take more initiative to work in collaboration with people.
3. Be more productive.
4. Improve conversation skills and overcome my day-to-day fears.
One last tip: Make sure your goals are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-bound).
I would love to hear your new year resolutions in the comments box below.
Rohan Chaubey is the founder of “Be Rohanlicious” – a blog that teaches you to be smart with social media, blogging and programming.
Rohan is on a mission to help all the enthusiastic souls like you, who want to “make it to the next level” and stand out of the crowd.
His e-book “Make People Want You” is releasing soon. Allow him to inject awesomeness in your life by signing up to his list here.